Thursday, December 9, 2010

That Was The Year That Was

Three weeks (busy ones) left in 2010, and my new year has been made brighter by my acceptance at the Zihuatanejo International Guitar Festival in Mexico March 8-13 (an event I played in 2007 and very much enjoyed) . This has been a good year, even though I've toured only in Canada's 3 Western Provinces (except for an impromptu performance at a friend's hacienda south of Puerto Vallarta). Playing festivals with David Lindley, Little Feat, and others, and re-connecting with friends including Bryan Bowers and Paul Pigat (only a few among the many), and playing a ton of gigs solo, with my band (The Electro-Fires) and with friends Little Miss Higgins and Foy Taylor have all made the year pass in a happy blur. The re-release of my "live" solo disc "Evenings Among Friends", with a brilliant re-mastering by Dave Horrocks at Infinite Wave, and the release of my "When I Was A Cowboy" disc were both highlights as well.

In the next week I will finish recording and mixing a cd for songwriter Paul Saks, play CBC Radio's Homestretch program on the 16th, play three nights at the Blues Can here in Calgary and three (27-28-29) at Rusty Reed's House of Blues in Edmonton, plus the Saturday Blues Can Jams and Mikey's Juke Joint on Tuesdays. For 2011, I've confirmed the Filberg Festival (Comox BC), Islands Folk Fest (Duncan BC) Northern Lights Folk Club (Edmonton), and many more. There are at least four tentative summer festivals, and one for the autumn as well (confirmed).

Stay warm and hold close to you the people you cherish as the old year passes and the new one dawns, and keep on listenin'.

1 comment:

  1. We will try to get down to see you when you are in Duncan. Looking forward to seeing you!

    Cynthia & Steve

    ReplyDelete